Fulbright Irish Student Awards

Fulbright Commission


The Fulbright Irish Student Awards are grants for Irish citizens, or E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years, to complete post-graduate research in the United States for a period of 4 months / 1 semester, up to 1 year. Fulbright Student Awardees go to the United States to: - complete a Masters or PhD at a US institution; degree-seeking awards. - conduct research as part of a current post-graduate program in Ireland or the E.U.; visiting researcher awards. Preference will be given to visiting researcher applicants in the latter stages of their PhDs.

Other Criteria

Fulbright Irish Student applicants must: - be an Irish citizen or E.U. citizen living in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years - be a current or prospective postgraduate student with a minimum 2.1 - not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S. - not already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S. In addition, applicants must demonstrate academic and personal excellence, a strong rationale for going to the United States, a robust program of study or research, strong leadership skills or potential, and an understanding and commitment to the ethos of being a Fulbrighter.



You must be studying in one of the following countries:

United States


Application Period for 2016-2017 Awards opens Aug 2015

You must be from one of the following countries:


Number of Awards


You must be studying one of the following:



A monetary grant that is based on the type (visiting researcher or degree-seeking), location and duration of the award; accident and emergency insurance; cultural and professional programming. All successful applicants will be required to attend a pre-departure orientation in Dublin; a requirement to submit reports and J-1 visa administration. *Awardees MUST comply with THE TWO-YEAR HOME-COUNTRY RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT associated with the J-1 visa. Awardees will not be eligible for a U.S. residency or work visa until they have fulfilled the J-1 visa two-year home residency requirement

Contact Information

You must be logged in to view contact information.

Register Now To View Contact Information For This Scholarship

Registered users login here.

Find My Student Loan

Select Yes if you are a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident