Ben-Gurion University Undergraduate Research Travel Grant

Ben-Gurion University of the Negev


Every semester, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) offers two travel grants of $2,500 to highly qualified students from North America to cover travel expenses within Israel for research as part of a research project, personal enrichment project, research internship, or independent study that complements their immersive experience in the BGU Overseas Student Program. Travel covered by the grant must be undertaken directly before, during, or after the stay at BGU for a semester or academic year of study or research internship.

Other Criteria

All applicants must submit a BGU Overseas Student Program (OSP) application for semester or year-long studies or a full-time internship, in addition to the grant application essay. Applicants must be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university in the US or Canada and must be in above-average academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA (83%).


USD $2,500

You must be studying in one of the following countries:



April 1 (for fall semester or academic year) and October 1 (for spring semester)

You must be from one of the following countries:

Canada and United States

Number of Awards

2 per semester

You must be studying one of the following:


Host Institution

Ben-Gurion University of the Negev


The grants may be used to cover travel expenses within Israel for one of the following purposes: to continue or develop a research project with a faculty supervisor from the student's home institution; to develop a project or research for personal or academic development; to supplement work in the BGU research internship program with relevant travel; or to engage in an independent study with a BGU faculty supervisor (must be approved by the faculty member).

Contact Information

You must be logged in to view contact information.

Register Now To View Contact Information For This Scholarship

Registered users login here.

Find My Student Loan

Select Yes if you are a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident